The Palmach Badge

The badge was worn on the left uniform pocket.

The Palmach was dismantled November 7, 1948.

Here some pictures of people wearing the badge.

 

Source: Igor Ostapenko

 

 

Lt. Colonel Nahum Sarig, Commander of the Negev Brigade (right), wearing the Palmach badge, with Lt. Colonel Benjamin Edelman and standing between them Yitzhak Rabin. (01/03/1949)
(
Picture: Government Press Office, Teddy Brauner)

 

Rehavam Ze'evi, as Palmach member and as minister in the Israeli Government, wearing his Palmach badge

(Picture: Government Press Office)

 

The Palmach badge was soon replaced by a clasp on the War of Independence ribbon. In 1968 replaced by the Decoration of State Warriors.